Dear Student Athletes,
The South Side Athletic Club Alumni is committed to assisting student athletes as they pursue their education while participating in sport. Last year we presented over twenty-five (25) $1,000 SSAC Alumni Scholarships to graduating student athletes. We are pleased to be able to offer a number of $1,000 scholarships again this year.
Please review the scholarship criteria carefully to ensure you are eligible. Your Athletic Coordinator will be able to assist you if you have any questions.
To qualify for the SSAC Alumni Scholarship you must:
- Permanently reside south of the North Saskatchewan River in the City of Edmonton
- Graduate from Grade 12 this June
- Attend a post-secondary educational institution located in Canada as a full-time student the following September
- Participate in a school or community or club sport during your 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Continue to participate in sport or maintain an active lifestyle as you continue your education
A complete application will include:
- A completed application form
- A letter of support (300 words maximum), regarding your athletic activities, from your coach
- A letter of support (300 words maximum), regarding your academic commitment, from a teacher
- A 300 word (maximum) paragraph on how sport has enriched your high school experience
Applications will be considered and the scholarships will be awarded according to:
- Your involvement and commitment to your sport
- Your involvement and commitment to your academic pursuits
- Your contributions to terms of “giving back” to your sport
- Your apparent financial need as you pursue your education
Completed applications are to be submitted to your school’s athletic coordinator by
Monday, May 1, 2023
Scholarship recipients will be contacted by their school.
A FAQ sheet is included in your application package.
If you have any further questions, please direct them to your school’s athletic coordinator.
The South Side Athletic Club Alumni Scholarship Committee
SSAC Alumni contacts: